Fred Wilson's Principles... Great advice! Especially #4
Source : http://bit.ly/qEuRvd
- Speed is not only a feature -- it’s a requirement.
- The application has to be useful instantaneously. Even if you are building a service which requires days of use before getting to the heart of its features, give the user something right away.
- The service must have a personality, with a unique style.
- Do one little thing very well. Less is more, specially at the beginning.
- The service should have APIs so that others can add more value to your service.
- Make your application personal -- allow users to personalize the service to themselves.
- Make the URLs self explanatory so that they can be more easily discoverable.
- Similarly to 7, make your service as discoverable as possible, both for SEO and social media.
- Your application should be clean, and get users started fast.
- Being playful is extremely important. If possible, make your application a game.